Monday, April 14, 2008

For one more day...

Just finished reading this book...'For one more day' by Mitch Albom. A nice book. Touches your heart in a very subtle way. A story of guy who does somethings because of which he ends up all alone and decides to end his life. This is when he meets his dead mother and how he gets one more day with his mom.

Made me think... isn't it true that sometime in our lives, we too have taken our parents for granted. They go thru all the hardships to put us thru the best schools and colleges. Get us the best clothes etc... and then one day we grow up and are embarrased by the same things that we used to love about them. We forget all that they have been thru, overlook all the times they have stood up for us and then one day we move out... move on and get too busy with our lives... call them sometimes... and visit them only on festivals... or holidays...
We take everything they did for granted..forgetting to appreciate them.
Today, I am here away from them... and I wish I get one more day with my mom. Where I can tell her how much I love her and miss her. How grateful I am for all that she did. For the sweets that she made, for the great meals she cooks... for all that she's done for me in all these years. I wish I get one more day with my dad, so that I can tell him that I love him and that I appreciate everything he's done. One more day so that I can sit with them at the dinner table and have a healthy conversation.


One more day as a family!

I love you mom. I love you dad. And I am thankful for everything that you have done! I am here today because of all the sacrifices that you made and really appreciate that.

Well I guess I will get this one day soon enuf...but for all those who won't...remember that they are always with us...as long as they are in our hearts, they are alive - in us. We all have a little of our mom and a little of our dad in us...

No comments: